08 September 2011

Talk to me




This pretty much continually comes as a surprise to people who've known me for a long time and are tired of putting up with me, but you can now pay money just for the privilege of listening to me talk. Or, you're getting a discount on listening to other people talk because I'm there. Either way, the end result is the same.

17 September, Los Angeles, $5

At the Screenwriting Expo, Victoria Westcott, Marty Lang, and I will be doing a panel on crowdfunding, in which someone will be either drunk or hungover. It depends.

It's $5 and runs from 11am-12:30pm. Also, I think I get part of that $5.

The event is at the Westin LAX Hotel.

20 September, Los Angeles, $10

Or…you can head over to Hot Pixel in North Hollywood for a panel hosted by our good friends at Film Courage. This panel, also about crowdfunding, features myself, Victoria, Meg Pinsonneault, and Zak Forsman.

Sure, it costs more but there's more people and you get to hang out with David & Karen from Film Courage, which is worth $20 all by itself.

It'll be awesome. I promise.


Filmmaker Lucas McNelly is spending a year on the road, volunteering on indie film projects around the country, documenting the process and the exploring the idea of a mobile creative professional. You can see more from A Year Without Rent at the webpage. His feature-length debut is now available to rent on VOD. Follow him on Twitter: @lmcnelly.