30 May 2011

Memorial Day Wrap-Up



While a lot of people take Memorial Day weekend off (and for good reason), we don't. Actually, we posted quite a bit of content. And since someone asked, I'm guessing other people might appreciate it being, well, summarized for them, especially since some of it has fallen off the front page. So…

Video

Part Five of our interview with Kris & Lindy Boustedt, an interview that at least I found really fascinating and helpful.



Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Articles

+ A Visit With Kevin Fox -- Without a single review from a film critic and virtually no festival buzz, Kevin Fox is successfully self-distributing DVDs from his house. And he's doing it with magazines. Yes, magazines.

+ Look At Me, I'm Popular!!! -- Just for fun, we took a look at our most-viewed content at the 3-month mark.

+ Day 1 of Kris & Lindy Boustedt's THE SUMMER HOME -- We're a little slow starting this, and it's really Day 0, but it's our introduction to this short that filmed on Lopez Island.

+ Seattle International Film Festival -- In which I snuck into one of the largest festivals in North America, then snuck into the VIP section, got drunk with Phil Seneker, and took pictures of actual VIPs (and a movie star).

+ VOD, FTW? -- I took a look at the process behind putting one of my own films on VOD, with the hopes that it might help someone else wade through the muck.

Photos

+ The Greatest People in the World #8
+ I Slept Here #25
+ I Slept Here #26
+ I Slept Here #27


Oh, and I travelled across the country. I'm now in Delaware.

And you are now caught up. Stay tuned!